October 31, 2012

Day #31 Quotes for Writers

489593502_914348475e_n

“A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.” Richard Bach


This is the quote that I keep ever in front of me on my office desk. It’s a reminder to simply keep writing and never give up on my dreams.
Every writer is an amateur at first.
No writer is born a professional.
It takes time, practice, persistence, and patience.
If you’re reading this or if you have read this series, you are well on your way to becoming a professional writer. You are taking time to learn more about your craft.
Now continue to practice it.
That’s how you become a professional writer.
It’s not chance or luck.
You just have to stick with it.
That’s all.
Quotes-for-Writers-button
Green traffic light image courtesy of fabrisalvetti on flickr
signature

4 comments:

Rebekah Hughes said...

I have been encouraged by the quotes you have posted and commented on all month. I am definitely the amateur. The 31 day challenge has been a good exercise. I am not so sure I have the 'talent' to write, but it has been good to do it and I have been blessed by doing it. Thanks for the encouragement along the way with your posts.

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Sorry about that (one day I'll learn to edit before I hit publish).
Thank you for all the inspiring, encouraging words Bonita.

Angel said...

I have really enjoyed reading all the quotes this month and I love this one! Thank you for sharing your practical advice and insights. You are a blessing.

AddThis